Firmware Update Version: 2.8
Overview: As part of our commitment to provide world-class service to our customers, Integra is supplying this firmware
update for use by purchasers of the DHS-8.8 HD DVD Player.
This firmware update improves support for
1080p/24Hz OUTPUT and auto mode, improves network connectivity supporting the download of web-enabled network
content associated with certain HD DVD discs. In addition, this firmware update provides High Bit Rate Audio functionality
for the DHS-8.8 player. When integrated through the HDMI connection to a 7.1 capable multi-channel A/V receiver, High
Bit Rate Audio has the potential to offer the latest in high definition surround sound.
Firmware Update Summary
Update Procedure Overview
Important Note: Certain HD DVD discs may contain or have the capability of downloading studio-provided, web-enabled
network content. To minimize any potential compatibility and/or connectivity issues, before viewing such content, it is
recommended that you perform the firmware update process to ensure that your HD DVD player is using the latest
BEFORE UPDATING, we recommend you read this FAQ.
How to obtain and install the firmware update:
- If you have broadband internet service, you may obtain the firmware update over the internet using the Ethernet port
on the back of your HD DVD Player. Instructions for configuring the Ethernet port and downloading the firmware
update can be found in the owner's manual and Update Procedure sheet for your HD DVD Player.
Here is an overview of the process:
- BEFORE BEGINNING THE FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCESS, BE SURE TO REMOVE ANY DISCS FROM
YOUR HD DVD PLAYER.
- Please configure the Ethernet port. You may need to turn on DHCP and DNS.
After you have configured the Ethernet port, follow the directions in the owner’s manual to check for a firmware
- If a firmware update is available for your player, it will take about 20 minutes to download and install.
- Once the firmware update download process has finished;
- A message will appear, and the firmware update will automatically start.
- When the firmware update is completed, the player will automatically turn itself off.
- DO NOT UNPLUG, TURN OFF, OR USE ANY OTHER FEATURE OF YOUR PLAYER DURING THE
FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCESS.
Doing so will cause the writing of the firmware update to the player to be halted and the player may no longer
operate properly. If the player stops working, please contact Integra Product Support
- If no firmware update is available, the player will quickly exit the update process.
- Please refer to the owner’s manual and Update Procedure sheet for additional details.
- If you are unable, or prefer not, to obtain the firmware update by the method described above, you may contact
Integra Product Support
(1-800-225-1946) and request that a firmware update disc be sent to you by mail. You can
update the firmware using the firmware update disc by following the instructions provided with the disc.